In the town of Íllora, where we live and study, where we enjoy and enhance ourselves, students and teachers of Diego de Siloé school, on the 30th of January 2014, celebrate the day of peace and non-violence. Our desire is to enrich our hearts and minds in a respectful manner that encourages co-existence without aggression.
In order to stop this repetition of aggression and violence in our generation and the generations to come, a change must be made in our daily interactions with the people in our own community; our cities, our schools and our families.
ON THIS DAY OF PEACE AND NON-VIOLENCE, WE DECLARE THAT as the youth of this society it is our responsibility to:
- Acknowledge the separation of cultures but not practice discrimination towards them.
- Make an active effort to help the less fortunate and share the community´s resources with all its members.
- Overcome sexism and racism, and view every person with respect and dignity.
- Reach the day where we extinguish the negativity in our hearts and never again know fighting or threats in our schools.
- Dream of the day where harmony flourishes in everything.
WE DREAM OF THE DAY WHERE WE OPEN OUR EYES AND SEE A WORLD OF “SOLIDARITY AND LIBERTY!”